Calling all Tacticians!
We’re looking for passionate strategy gamers interested in testing the next playable build of Lost Eidolons! This program, called the Benerio Grand Company, will have a direct hand in shaping the future of the game by providing direct feedback to our development team.
The creation of this team is important for us at Ocean Drive Studio, whose core principles in creating new games involve community involvement in that process.
The closed beta test, which will only be taking place on Windows PC Steam, will include a more robust-featured version of the game than the previous demo that was available during the recent Steam Next Fest. We’re planning on adding several fixes, tweaks, and a notable amount of additional content including the tutorial episodes for playtesters to get a much more thorough grasp of our game. These playtests will occur a few times over the course of a few months in multiple phases, with the first playtest sometime early this Fall 2021.
It’s also important for us to mention that the beta phase of Lost Eidolons will be under NDA. This is because it’ll be a huge chunk of the game which can include story spoilers. We want to preserve the experience of the game from those waiting to play the game in its entirety. That being said, the NDA only covers images and videos of the game build and you’d be free to discuss your experiences with others.
Members of the Benerio Grand Company will be able to participate in all future playtests from now until Early Access. Additional perks for joining the test group after having provided your valuable feedback includes:
- An additional beta access code for you to give to a friend or family at a later testing phase.
- A unique Benerio Grand Company role in our Discord, along with access to post on a special feedback channel viewable by everyone in the community to comment on.
- A special mention in a separate section of the in-game credits, celebrating the efforts of the Benerio Grand Company.
Are you a diehard tactical RPG fan that wants to get involved in this project? Then please fill out the following form and join our Discord server:
- Form URL: https://forms.gle/CV1JNH9biTNDbspZ7
- Discord URL: https://discord.com/invite/nvzRKzh5Mn
Are you a Kickstarter backer? Backers are automatically in the Benerio Grand Company and can earn the extra benefits should they contribute their feedback towards the betterment of the game! Filling out the form is not necessary. Simply reach out to ODS Pat via DMs and he’ll get you set up with the role to access our feedback discussion channels, and you should expect to receive beta access codes soon as part of your pledge fulfillment.
All other applicants will be reached out to via e-mail letting them know if we have selected them to join the Benerio Grand Company. Please regularly check your e-mail including your spam folder to check if you were picked! And if you weren’t picked in the first batch, fret not, as we’ll be regularly adding new fledglings to the Benerio Grand Company through each of the testing phases.
Closed Beta FAQ
Q: How can I get into the Closed Beta?
– Please fill out this form if you’re interested in joining the Closed Beta group!
Q: When will the Closed Beta begin?
– We will inform everyone of the date in a separate announcement in the near future!
Q: How many beta test phases will there be? How long does the test last for?
– We will have a total of 3 beta test phases between now and Early Access. The dates will be revealed in an upcoming announcement.
Q: What are the requirements to be selected as a Closed Beta tester?
– We’re looking for highly passionate fans of tactical turn-based RPGs that want to really help us provide solid feedback about the game! We want to see your enthusiasm in the application!
Q: How will you be inviting people who signed up for the beta test?
– If your application is accepted, you should expect an e-mail from
firstname.lastname@example.org with additional instructions on how to proceed!
Q: How will I access the Closed Beta build if accepted?
– Once you have been accepted to the Benerio Grand Company testing group, you’ll receive a Steam Key which can be redeemed through your Steam Library. After you redeem the key, you should see ‘Lost Eidolons Closed Beta’ in your Steam Library. Download and launch to start playing the game!
Q: What perks do I get as a beta tester?
– You will be granted access to all phases of Closed Beta tests. An additional invite to try out the game will be given to you to give to a friend or family member. On Discord, we’ll assign you a unique Discord role that provides access to a tester’s channel. Lastly, your alias will be added to a special section of the credits dedicated to the brave men and women of the Benerio Grand Company.
Q: What kind of content will the first beta test have?
– We will reveal this at a later time. Content will be gradually added throughout the three beta tests and will include an early look at the game’s first two major arcs.
Q: Where can I submit my feedback as a beta tester?
– We will have feedback channels available for testers on our Discord server and will be leveraging an additional way to aggregate feedback that will be revealed soon!
Q: What platforms are the beta available on?
– The beta will only be available on Windows PC.
Q: Is there multiplayer?
– There are no multiplayer functions planned at this time.
Q: What languages are supported during the Closed Beta?
– Full voice acting in English (which will be added at the later phase of the beta), with text support for Korean, Russian, German, French, European Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. Text seen during the beta tests may not be final.
Q: Can I collect footage or images from the Closed Beta to share with others or to make content with?
– Closed Beta game builds are under NDA. You are free to talk about the game but please do not share images or videos. Content creators can reach out to ODS Pat and we’ll review requests case-by-case to record or stream specific segments of the beta build!
Q: Will my campaign progress carry over between beta phases and later to Early Access?
– We will be wiping progress before Lost Eidolons’ Early Access in early 2022.
Q: What are the minimum system specs?
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 or AMD equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 960 or AMD equivalent, 4 GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 40 GB available space